Federal Skilled Worker:
To apply as a federal skilled worker you must comply with the minimum requirements before you submit your application. The minimum requirements are:
- One year continuous work experience in the last 10 years in a high skilled position;
- Occupation must fall under the NOC level 0 (Managerial), A (Professional) or B (Technical or Trades);
- Minimum level of Canadian Benchmark Level 7 in English or French. Acceptable tests are only IELTS/CELPIP or TEF (For French speaking individuals);
- Educational Credentials MUST be evaluated by a third party organization from within Canada. This is also referred to as an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) report;
- Have the necessary settlement funds.
Canadian Experience Class:
- 52 weeks of Canadian Work Experience Needed in NOC Level 0, B or A;
- Minimum level of Canadian Benchmark Level 7 in English or French (for NOC A, 0), Level 5 for NOC B.
Federal Skilled Trades Class:
- Confirmed Job Offer needed or Trade Certificate from Canada;
- Minimum level of Canadian Benchmark Level 4 for Reading and Writing, Level 5 for Listening and Speaking.
- 2 out of the last 5 years of work experience.
All applications must be submitted via the Express Entry computerized ‘pool’ to be ranked amongst other candidates and only the highest ranking score candidates will be invited to apply for Permanent Residency regardless if you meet the minimum criteria.
Make sure you submit your profile with the correct score and enter your information correctly. I assist applicants with their online profiles to make sure their CRS scores supports the documents they are able to submit to IRCC. You can also schedule a review once you receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) to review your application before submission.