Live-In Caregiver Class

You can apply for Permanent Residency under this class if you have worked and lived as a Live-In Caregiver for two years out of the four years preceding your application.

    What are the requirements to qualify as a Live-In Caregiver?
  • Completion of high school equivalent to a Canadian grade 12 high school certificate.
  • English or French language ability.
  • 6 months training in the child care field in a formal class room setting or
  • 12 months experience working as a live-in caregiver during the last three years.
  • Must have applied for a Canadian work permit before you enter Canada.
  • A job confirmation letter (LMO) from a Canadian employer.
  • An employee/employer contract.